YAHOO! Next week will be the start of the Reclaimed West Blog Tour by Timeless Treasures! I have been excited about this line of fabric since seeing the samples this summer.
I have some crazy serendipitous connections to it… My friend Vernie, who lives in Kodiak, is the daughter of the man who owns the ranch where so many of the photos for this fabric line were taken. She was the person who connected me with Judel Niemeyer about an upcoming vacation their family would be taking in Kodiak. From connecting with Judel I arranged my local guild, Kodiak Bear Paw Quilter’s Guild, to hire Judy to teach a couple classes this past summer. I decided to take a Quiltworx retreat in 2013 at Kalispell and Empty Spools in Asilomar in early 2014. Judy had me come work for her for the month of June 2014. I was SUPER jazzed about the whole experience and when Hayden from Timeless Treasures asked for participants I signed up!
The fabric is so great to work with–very high quality. I made a quilt from one of Quiltworx simple patterns–the Desert Sky. (You will see more on the 20th!) The person I asked to quilt it for me is a local quilter named Julie–who happens to be an in-law of Vernie! I took my completed quilt to Quilt Market in Houston at the end of October and left it with Judy who (I believe) is taking it to Australia. I have one final plan for it when I get the quilt back–a little surprise–it will all come full circle.
I can’t wait for the Tour to begin! Here’s the schedule:
- Denise Green, HollyDee Quilts
- Sandy Lueth, Totes by Sandy
- Deborah Brizendine, Just Stitchin with Deborah
- Cathy McKillip, Wish Upon A Quilt
- Marcia Nagel/Megan Bohr, Pine Needles Quilt & Sew
- Stacey Day, Stacey in Stitches
- Konda Luckau, Moose on the Porch Quilts
- Jennifer Eubank, Archipelago Quilting–That’s me!
- Barb Linares, Crafty Threads
- Susan Nelson, Prairie Sky Quilts
- Lauren Rogers, Backdoor Quilt Shoppe
- Jackie Kunkel, Canton Village Quilt Works
- Osie Lebowitz, From Needle and Thread
- Timeless Treasures, SEWTIMELESS