I was THRILLED to be asked to be part of Timeless Treasures Reclaimed West Blog Tour. I had worked this past June for Judy Niemeyer and had seen the samples. Judel had taken a quick trip to New York to work with Timeless Treasures and had come back so excited that it was hard to not be about this fabric line!
I got the package from Hayden at Timeless and IMMEDIATELY started working on my quilt. I decided to do the Desert Sky. It’s a very simple, fast quilt that is FULL of New York Beauties (my FAVORITE block!!).
I started by cutting out pattern. The directions lay out exactly how to cur the fabric for the templates. The 24 fabrics lend themselves so nicely to this pattern!A little glue and I was off and sewing!Stacking techniques are laid out in the directions. My first batch of New York Beauties done: Then on to more! Once all blocks were pieced I used my design wall to lay it all out… The back was made from the Firestorm, the coordinating batiks!I had a local quilter quilt it and then hand stitched the binding on the way to Quilt Market.
At the end of Market, Judel took it back to Montana to take a few snaps of it. I was so excited to see how beautiful the photos turned out!
- Denise Green, HollyDee Quilts
- Sandy Lueth, Totes by Sandy
- Deborah Brizendine, Just Stitchin with Deborah
- Cathy McKillip, Wish Upon A Quilt
- Marcia Nagel/Megan Bohr, Pine Needles Quilt & Sew
- Stacey Day, Stacey in Stitches
- Konda Luckau, Moose on the Porch Quilts
- Jennifer Eubank, Archipelago Quilting–That’s me!
- Barb Linares, Crafty Threads
- Susan Nelson, Prairie Sky Quilts
- Lauren Rogers, Backdoor Quilt Shoppe
- Jackie Kunkel, Canton Village Quilt Works
- Osie Lebowitz, From Needle and Thread
- Timeless Treasures, SEWTIMELESS
PRIZES: Enter the giveaway HERE at SewTimeless starting Nov 17 – it will be open for entries throughout all five days of the blog tour. THREE WINNERS will be selected on MONDAY, NOVEMBER 24 at noon (12 PM) eastern time.
EACH OF THE THREE WINNERS WILL RECEIVE: one fat eighth bundle of the entire Reclaimed West collection (24 pcs), one 52-pc charm pack of the Reclaimed West collection, one Braided Table Runner pattern by Quiltworx/Judy Niemeyer, one Geese in the West pattern by Cindi McCracken, one Reclaimed West bookmark & bag tag set from Quilt Dots, one spool of coordinating thread from the Reclaimed West designer thread set available from Aurifil.